At The Little Goat Outpost, Goat Hiking is our favorite activity!
We began leading Goat Hikes in October 2019 at our original “urban homestead” in Spokane, WA (check out what our past guests have had to say about Goat Hiking with us on our Reviews page!). Now, we are so thrilled to live just 5 minutes down the street from beautiful forest lands and majestic boulders in rural Tres Piedras, New Mexico. This is ideal for easy access to epic goat hiking (or snowshoeing!) anytime, any day!
We offer the following signature Goat Hikes to travelers and locals alike:
- Tres Piedras Forest Goat Hikes — our most popular, accessible, and frequently booked goat activity! Gather your friends and family, and come on out for a jaunt with the goats! On this hike, we will weave through wooded high desert terrain on established trails that are suitable for all levels of hiker (young children and grandparents welcome!). Elevation begins at just over 8,100′, and beautiful views of the Sangre de Cristo mountain range are visible from clearings along the way. This can be booked as a 1 or 2 hour hike. We are happy to snap a photo of you holding a goat in front of a mountain to remember the experience!
- Goat Snowshoeing — think the same terrain and scenery as our Tres Piedras Forest Goat Hike, but on snowshoes! John Waters and David Lynch the goats will rock your world bounding along with their floofy booties through the majestic drifts of Tres Piedras snow! For you powder-lovers, we are almost always the first tracks out on a day after a storm! Please note: you must BYO snowshoes for this outing!
- Half-Day Goat Excursions — have a favorite trail in the area that you’d like to explore… in the company of goats?! Reserve our Half-Day Goat Excursions to have John Waters and David Lynch rendezvous with you at a location of your choosing! We will travel up to 40 miles to reach your desired hike spot; goat transportation included! Enjoy up to a full 3 hours of uninterrupted trail blazing alongside our goat boys… it really doesn’t get any better than this.
Please view our Seasonal Rates + Hours of Operation page for pricing and availability.
During your time on the Goat Hike, your host (me!) will be happy to share insights from our adventure of living with pet goats in both rural and urban settings! We also love to learn about our guests’ unique life experiences and paths. Above all, the Goat Hike is designed for (safe, distant) connection with the animals and with each other.
To book one of our Goat Hikes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Which Goat Hike you would like to book;
- The total number of people who will be participating (*if you would like your own dog(s) to join us for the hike, please see our Dog Participation Policy);
- Your availability for the hike.
We will reply as promptly as possible, and will send a confirmation email with details on how to make payment, meeting-place directions, recommendations on attire, and what to bring with you for a comfortable and fun Goat Hike. Ask any questions you may have in advance, please; we are happy to answer!
Goat Hiking Alternatives / Add-ons / + Special Offers
If you would like to book a Goat Hike as a gift, please visit our “Goat Hiking Gift Certificates” page for more information and instructions on how to purchase!
We are also excited to offer Professional Goat Photo Shoots for your next special occasion!
PLEASE NOTE: For ALL Goat Hiking guests, the ability to treat animals and fellow humans with respect and courtesy, to follow instructions in animal interactions, and moderate physical fitness are required for participation. If you have limited mobility or physical fitness concerns, we are happy to talk with you to see if the Goat Hiking experience could be accessible for you.