Are you new to the world of goats? Dream of having your own pet goats, or launching a goat-themed business?! Let a veteran Goat Lady show you the ropes!
When I was just getting started with goats, I was fortunate enough to have the guidance of my local Spokane Goat Lady. After 5 years of preemptively obsessing over my plan to keep goats and run a goat-themed short-term rental, I wanted to make sure I got it all right. Now having been through this process, I can safely say: everyone who’s new to goats can benefit from the wisdom of a veteran Goat Lady!
Our Goat Consulting sessions are narrative-style introductions to keeping pet goats and successfully building your own goat empire. During the session, we will walk you through our journey from goat newbies to goat entrepreneurs — and from urban goat-keepers to rural goat homesteaders. We will be happy to answer your questions based on our experiences, and will discuss topics such as the following:
- How to know if you’re a good fit for pet goats;
- How to pick male or female goats;
- To bottle raise or to buy a weaned goat;
- Wether (ha ha) to keep intact or castrated goats;
- Basic expectations + necessities for goat-keeping;
- Goat enclosures + overnight facilities;
- General costs associated with goat-keeping;
- Ideas for goat-themed businesses;
- Marketing your goats;
- Unanticipated challenges in goat-keeping + goat income;
- Where to find additional goat resources + support;
- Joys of goats;
- and More!*
If you are local, we are happy to hold our Goat Consult on-site here at The Little Goat Outpost, so that you can see our goat facilities and meet our boys! Or, we can come out to your place to survey your setup and advise on a good goat implementation strategy. If you are remote, we offer Goat Consulting sessions via Zoom or Facetime.
Our Goat Consulting Sessions are $100/hr, and can be booked as an individual session or as an ongoing series of meetings for continued support. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book!
*Please note that we *DO NOT* have expertise in goat breeding, kidding, or keeping dairy goats! If you wish to work with a veteran goat breeder or dairy goat aficionado, please let us know — we may be able to connect you with the appropriate goat lady to provide this service.